Thursday, December 6, 2007

This DVD made my day!

This is SO awesome! I came home the other day to find a package waiting for me: Beyond the Green Box: Understanding your Digital Camera, the second DVD from the wonderful Me Rah Koh, a professional photographer from the West Coast.

Me Ra and her husband, Brian, have an amazing and inspiring story of how they became photographers, and I've been following her blog for months now. The twosome have created this DVD series to help aspiring photographers and moms capture better moments with their kids on camera. Their first DVD is called Refuse to Say Cheese and offers up tips on framing and composition techniques; the second teaches you how to use your camera manually to take better photos. I think this pair is REALLY on to something with these DVDs (and I wouldn't be surprised if they find a national distributor for the product in 2008). So why is this such a big deal to me?

A few months back, Me Ra put out a query on her blog for photo submissions to be included in DVD 2's insert. I submitted some photos and was THRILLED when Me Ra's assistant contacted me and said they wanted to use one of mine. I gave them three shots, so I didn't know which one they'd used until I opened my (free) copy.

Can you spot it?


How about now that you see the originial? :)
It's my niece, Emily!!!! I call this "The Stinker" shot.


Here were the other shots I submitted.

My friend Heather's daughter, Gabby



My nephew, Sam

4 comments:

Betsy King said...

WOW! You're famous!!!!! I'm jealous of your free copy! Mine is one the way. ; )

Jodie said...

Gail...congrats! I always knew someone would recognize your amazing talent one day.

Amy Koch said...

Yeah for Emily and Gail!!!

Signed...the proud Mom and Sister-in-law

Anonymous said...

This is incredible (I'm a little behind from finals)!!! You are amazing! I haven't seen Gabby since she was... what... 1? Great job!