Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Early Christmas presents

I got to open a few presents early this year after a little get-together with my work pals, Michelle and Joy. I adore these ladies soo much, and look forward to this tradition every year.

This year, we all seemed to have made a point of buying our gifts from local merchants and I LOVED everything gifted to me!

First up - so this is total random, but for the longest time, I've been looking for a cute apron for when I cook. Joy remembered and bought this ADORABLE creation from a local gourmet kitchen shop, Casella's. This thing is so cute, I may just wear it over a top because I can't bear to get grease on it! (Joy also bought me AMAZING Andy Warhol coasters - she knows me SO well! :)


Apron

And from Michelle ... this cool necklace she found at our local cultural center made by a Kenyan woman participating in the Imani Workshops. By purchasing this piece of jewelry, money goes back to their families, helping them afford drugs to fight HIV/AIDs. How awesome is that?

necklace


Note: I have some SUPER cute photos from a recent shoot that I need to post and edit, but our computer is being SO wonky I'm afraid I won't get them up any time soon. Stay posted ... and I'll add this is just ONE MORE REASON we need a Mac in 2008!!!!!!

2 comments:

me said...

Oh Gail, I'm glad you like the apron. It just screemed you! And I'm the lucky one here, because I get to count you as a friend. There are countless days I don't know how I'd survive without you!
Love you!

Betsy King said...

Wow, john and I were humbled by this post. Wow, we really need to work on buying more concientiously. You rock!