Wednesday, May 28, 2008

She's got sass, that Sarah does

A few weeks back, I got a message from my good college buddy Jon Scott, telling me I should think about "reconnecting" with a college pal of ours, Sarah.

To be fair, Sarah was more Nick's friend than mine (they still like to talk about their freshmen year in college together) but now we share our friends (and our French fries) 'cause that's what married couples do ;)

Sarah is a photographer herself and aside from catching up with an old friend, Jon thought we might have something to talk about.

DID WE EVER!

Nick and I hung out a few weeks back with Sarah and her boyfriend, Billy, in Indianapolis and we all just clicked (Sarah and I knew we were in trouble when Nick and Billy started geeking out over Fark!)

We had so much fun, Sarah and I had to hook up again and "talk shop," this time with our cameras in hand. So without further ado, here's the fun, sassy, sarcastic, never-afraid-to-speak-her-mind Sarah Brown!

Profile avatars for my friend Sarah!!



Photographers are always on the hunt for a good mural for a backdrop. Sarah had just spotted this one freshly painted and I'm sure we'll be seeing this on other photographers' blogs soon - it was huge!

Profile avatars for my friend Sarah!!


How cute is she? Seriously, if you couldn't tell by that big 'ol smile on her face, Sarah's personality is infectious. You can't help but laugh when she's around!

Profile avatars for my friend Sarah!!


Profile avatars for my friend Sarah!!


While we were taking these last shots, some skeezy (yes, that is SO a word!) dude drove up in his hooptee trying to hit on us. I was clicking away and Sarah just took it like a trooper. Then again, what dude wouldn't hit on this gal? ;)

Profile avatars for my friend Sarah!!


Jon THANK YOU FOR PUTTING SARAH AND I BACK IN TOUCH! I'm not kidding when I say this guy (Jon) could go into business reconnecting people like he did us - dude knows EVERYBODY who graduated from Ball State in the past decade!!

And Sarah, thank you for being the same fun person I remembered you being five years ago - you ROCK and I cannot wait to second shoot with you next month!

****To see the shots Sarah took of me, head on over to her blog!****

5 comments:

sarahbrowndowntown said...

Okay, so I was TOTALLY nervous to see these since I am so not used to being IN the pictures, but I think they turned out great, and the last one is SO my favorite! :) I had a lot of fun, thanks for doing it with me!

The Way EYE See It... said...

what a neat idea. Glad you were able to reconnect. You've taken some wonderful pictures of her (and her SASS).

Jon said...

I'm just glad this is working out so well (friend-wise, photo-wise). I had no doubt it would. And now I'm pre-addicted to Fark after a glance, so thanks a lot!

(In reading Malcolm Gladwell's The Tipping Point, I fancied myself a maven - but hmm, maybe I am a connector. I want to be both.)

Bobbi said...

How cute are you?! I want a turn!!!!! :D

me said...

wow gail, great work as always. wouldn't it be nice if members of your family told you the same? do they know how easy it is to give you some blog love? really people (i'm talking to you werners....and karin, come on!) type a few notes and tell her how much you love her, and her work. it's easy. i promise. and it doesn't hurt either. (gail obviously is paying me for this message....it will self destruct in ..5...4...3...2...1...