Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Something to chew on...

When I visited Tracy and Kevin for their photo shoot, during a drive to Tracy's salon for some pre-shoot styling, I asked Tracy for some gum. She passed off to me this yummy new brand of Trident that tasted like berries bursting in my mouth.

Now, I'm not normally a gum person, but I got that pack of gum home and thought I could savor each piece as a little after-dinner dessert. Well, in the Werner household, anything sweet is usually gone in a matter of hours — not days. And so I was pretty bummed to see that Nick had taken the last piece.

"I'll go get you some more ..." he told me, as I looked forlornly at the empty package. Even though I was having one of THOSE days, I told him not to bother, it was okay. Then I went back to editing ....

I heard the door shut, followed by Nick's car pulling out of the drive. A few minutes later, he was back with a present in hand:

Flowers and shoes


Here's hoping you, too, have that special person in your life who will always buy you gum.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

This is a sweet little entry, but I can just say, it cracks me up when you and Nick fight about food!