Wednesday, May 7, 2008

With summer around the corner

My good pal Melanie introduced me to this salsa a couple years ago. Now it's become one of those seasonal foods that I look forward to every summer almost as much as not having to wear a jacket to work!

(Anyone else have those foods you crave with the changing seasons? Like pomengrantes in December or my grandma's cucumber and onion salad - also a summer-time treat!)

salsa-1


I thought I'd throw the recipe up here if anyone else thinks it looks yummy. I brought it to a work carry-in last week and had a couple requests to do the same.

For a batch the size of the one above:

1 green pepper, finely chopped
Can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
Can of corn (rinsed and drained)
Half a red onion, finely chopped
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
The juice of 2 fresh lemons
The juice of 3 fresh limes
About 2 tablespoons of olive oil (to taste)

And voila! A simple summer salsa that's great to eat with pita bread or tortilla chips. It's perfect for a potluck too! (FYI: Mel likes to add cilantro to it and that's yummy too - it's kind of a create-your-own-version concoction!)



Stay tuned ......FUN stuff coming to this blog soon!!!

1 comment: