Sunday, May 18, 2008

Tracy and Kevin: Part Two

Back when we roomed together in college, Tracy was not just my roommate — she was the best friend I confided to as I fell in love with Nick.

It was an afternoon encounter with Nick at the student newspaper that had me gushing about him to Tracy — about how cute I thought Nick was, wearing a pair of distressed jeans and green button-down shirt, and how I thought we were meant to be. I just felt it that day.

Fast forward six years later and I get a phone call from Tracy, wanting to tell me about this guy she'd met. Turns out Kevin was everything she could have dreamed of — and more.

"Remember your green shirt moment Gail?" she asked me. "Well, I've had mine."

Tracy, here's hoping you always remember that first "green shirt moment" with Kevin. You two are so in love and it was a blessing to capture the joy that emanated from both of you on our sunny afternoon together in the city.

Tracy and Kevin


Tracy and Kevin


Tracy had asked a co-worker about good places to take photos in Cleveland and was told a popular place to go was the Cleveland Museum of Art. Turns out she wasn't kidding! When we arrived, there were FOUR DIFFERENT wedding parties there, their photographers each vying for the same spot of shade in the same location. We decided to shoot around them and I was pretty happy with what we got being a bit more creative instead:

Tracy and Kevin


After walking around the grounds for a while, we headed back to the car. I had told Tracy I wanted to get a few artsy/urban shots of her and Kevin but because both the Cavaliers and Indians had home games that evening, we'd decided to rule that idea out. Until I spotted these student murals nearby....

Tracy and Kevin


Tracy is a HUGE fan of America's Next Top Model, so I had been teasing her, telling her I wanted her to give me her best "fierce" pose. I think she could give Tyra a run for her money with this one!

Tracy and Kevin


Because we'd headed out a bit too soon in the evening, we went back to the house to relax and wait around for the "yummy" light photographers love right before sunset. These shots on the water of Lake Erie were the perfect way for us to end our evening (actually, the fantastic meal Tracy and Kevin treated me to at the restaurant where they ate the night Kevin proposed was the perfect end - we were just on a high note thanks to nailing these shots!)


Tracy and Kevin


Tracy and Kevin


Tracy and Kevin


To view more images of Tracy and Kevin check out the slideshow!

6 comments:

me said...

gail, the pics look great. congratulations on your first big shoot. so proud of you!

sarahbrowndowntown said...

GREAT JOB! I love these, I'm so impressed. :)

Anonymous said...

These are phenomenal! You did an amazing job of capturing the passion they share. I love your perspective through the lens!

Unknown said...

great job girl...you did a FAB job of capturing this adorable couple :)

~amanda

Ellen said...

yay, these are beautiful!

Jon said...

Tracy is a straight-up model. Seriously. Kevin's good, too, and so is your eye.