Tuesday, March 11, 2008

FINALLY!!! We have a new computer!!!

This has been an event a long time in the making (as you all are well aware!) but over the weekend, Nick and I FINALLY got our new iMac!


And let me tell you, this is one sleek puppy. I love the new display and all the cool things I'm gonna be able to do with it (the iLife suite is AMAZING!)


Also cool has been the big-bucks education discount I got on all the software I'll need (seriously...the Adobe Premium Design suite for $325? Ummm ... check please!)


I'm overwhelmed with all the new things I want and need to learn (both about this machine, the new programs I have on here and in the world of photography itself), but for now, I just wanted to spread the glorious word that Nick and I have rejoined the world of technology.

(Nick just discovered Facebook ... oh my goodness, that is a riot in and of itself! "Yeah ... who's cool and has 45! friends on Facebook now?" (This is what I heard tonight as he ran between American Idol commercial breaks to check his profile - HA!)

Thanks for hanging in there with me (all you who still might check the blog.) Now say hello to my not-so-little friend:


When I opened the box, there was a part of me that wanted to start patting this thing to the words "And I will love him, and hug him and name him George...."



The new Macs have the thinnest keyboards. I feel like I'm typing on some futuristic credit card. And you know what? Me likey....... ;)



*I should make a note and say that these photos I posted? Just some quick snapshots that aren't very good! But I wanted something to throw up here quick as my "proof of purchase"! :)






No comments: