Thursday, March 27, 2008

I feel like a kid again ...

Do you remember the euphoria that came with owning your first Nintendo? I think I was about eight when my brother (Jeff) got his Nintendo for Christmas and -- to this day -- I recall that holiday as one of the best in my childhood memories. For HOURS, we stayed up playing Super Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt (did anyone else face the learning curve of physically "jumping" their arms with their controllers when they'd make Mario hop over turtles? Maybe that was just me!...)

One of my favorite games to play on Nintendo as a kid was Tetris (seriously, who didn't love that game?) Which is why -- as soon as Nick showed me this clip last night online -- I was both amazed by its creativity and simultaneously transported to the childhood bedroom of one of my friends, Krissy, with whom -- one summer -- we played so much Tetris I'm surprised our eyes didn't go crossed.

No comments: