Monday, November 12, 2007

Until next Halloween ...

A few years ago, I read about artist Lori Mitchell and was intrigued by her creations (they so reminded me of Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas). Anyway, I didn't think much of her until recently, while shopping with my mom, sister and mother-in-law in Nashville (as in, Indiana, where my husband grew up), when I came across some of her little guys.

Charmed, I felt compelled to go against all of my instincts of collecting "stuff" (I don't want my kids someday to have to bubble wrap box after box of oddities their crazy mother left behind) and purchased one of her designs. Well, I ended up so liking the sight of Mr. Funny Bones perched atop the ledge over my kitchen sink, I had my mother-in-law pick me up a Little Frankie Stein.

Yes, I do realize this is how these knick-knack collections start. But check back with me in a few years and hopefully I won't be collecting potato chips in the shape of Bob Hope.

Anyway, I really enjoy Lori's Halloween figurines -- they've brought an extra smile or two to the holiday -- but now it's time for me to pack 'em up until next year (when yes, I might break down and have to buy more).

These little guys aren't going away, howeve
r, before I snap a few photos! (These were shot using my 50mm f/1.8 lens, which I picked up not too long ago)






No comments: