Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It's finished!!!

I love to knit. It's only been in the past year (thanks to the wonderful, wonderful ladies at Danner's, our local gift/book/yarn shop) that I've progressed beyond basic scarves and hats to bigger (and better) projects.

Here's a peak at one of those BIG projects. I decided to make an afghan for my mom this year for Christmas. The same mother who, until this summer, had the same living room furniture she'd had since I was in diapers. And I decided the avocado green/gold/orange/brown color-scheme of the beloved afghan my grandmother made my mom (pre-me-in-diapers) would no longer (ahem) complement her new stuff.

This pattern was REALLY easy (a good thing because the one I started with was NOT) and if anybody out there is a knitter wanting to tackle a similar BIG project in baby steps, drop me an e-mail and I'll get you the pattern.

I can't WAIT to see the look on mom's face when she opens this Christmas Day (and no, I'm not worried about her seeing it on here because my parents don't have the Internet - and yes, they've accepted the fact they are among possibly the last few people on the planet who don't!)


One final note: You know you are addicted to knitting when the only shop you hit up at 6 a.m. on Black Friday is a yarn store!! (but hey, I wasn't alone!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you love to knit... and you're really good by the looks of it! I've never followed anyone's blog before. Your commentary has replaced my television since I really don't have a 1/2 hour to commit to commercials anymore. So, thanks for the entertainment. It's nice to peak into your life like this.

Betsy King said...

awesome! I've never been able to be brave enough to try a cable knit. Col!