Sunday, November 11, 2007

Flickr rules!



I think one of the great things about starting this blog is I plan to share what I am learning about photography. Some family members have asked for suggestions on new cameras, so when I hear about something cool, I'll post such items.

I also want to post about cool sites I'm discovering. The latest: Flickr!

This is available to anyone with a Yahoo account (and if you don't have one, you can quickly create one, as I did). It's a photo sharing Web site, and what I love about it are all these groups that are out there, sharing information with one another.

For example, I recently joined various Canon groups, including one for the Rebel XT (which I own) and I've already received some invaluable advice — including some guy who posted an entire photo tutorial for me to better understand manual settings! People are so QUICK to post and I love that!

I'd recommend checking this site out if you're curious about a new camera and want some feedback from people who've used it (you can search "Groups" to find a camera type/model and go from there).

If you have more questions about the site, drop me an e-mail.

No comments: