Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Struttin' her stuff

Last Friday, I made my first trip back to my high school in years to attend a fund-raising dinner for my niece, Erin, a senior, and her show choir group. It was a tad surreal to go back, get a meal through the lunch line again, and discover so many changes to the school (like finding our junior high gym -- where I spent days during gym class my freshman and sophomore year "sweatin' to the Oldies" -- turned into practice rooms for the show choir.)

I was also so proud of my niece, who did an amazing job. It feels like yesterday Erin was watching me go through my pivotal high school moments -- state competition for marching band, getting ready for the prom, crossing the stage at graduation -- so it's a reminder to me of how fast time flies that I'm now seeing her reach her own senior year milestones.

I can't wait to see what comes next!:


The theme for the night, with tunes that covered the oldies,
country and Broadway (how could a show choir forget Broadway, right?)


Warming up


I snapped this photo as the girls were horsing around with the guys before showtime. Technically, it's not the best shot (the focus could have been sharper) but the expressions on their faces is -- to me - just priceless!


A prayer before they take the stage


Getting action shots of the group while they were on stage was pretty difficult because we weren't allowed to use flash. This is one of my favorites from the night - I LOVE the flare of her skirt!


Another favorite



Congratulations Erin! Aunt Gail loves you!


No comments: