Friday, February 15, 2008

Ch- ch- changes ...

Most of you already checking this blog know by now, but I thought I'd put a message up to let any stranglers out there in on the news:

I'VE GOT A NEW JOB!!!!!!!

After much consideration (and bittersweet sentiments), I've decided to take a job with Ball State University. I'll start March 3 and will be working in the university's communications department, creating/managing all news content for the university's Web site and also overseeing its Web-based interdepartmental newsletter.

It's quite a jump from my current gig as a reporter, but it's in a related field where I'll get to flex some new skills (Web especially) and the pay, benefits and job perks made it an all but irresistible offer to turn down!

What this job means: A new computer ASAP (as soon as I get my BSU ID I'll be on the Mac Web site taking advantage of my education discounts!) + new/better camera equipment = MORE FREEDOM TO GROW AS A PHOTOGRAPHER!

This has been a long interview process for me - and it hasn't been an easy one - but I'm excited for what the future holds.

Add to that some fun trips Nick and I have planned for '08 (San Francisco! New England!), a TON of baby additions to my family (3 NEW NIECES AND NEPHEWS!) and a friend's wedding and this is going to be one heck of a year!

Stay tuned -- this blog is ready to get creative again!

2 comments:

Jon said...

Congrats on the fresh job. Sounds like something well suited to you, and you to it. Working in higher education would be fun. There's some sure-fire pizzazz about being on a university campus. Again, well done.

Emily B said...

Yipee! I am really excited for you!