Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Remember those MREs?

Sorry, no photo-related posts today, but I do have a video for you to check out!

I told you all about how Nick spent nearly a week in Georgia with the National Guard, bringing home the tasty delights that are MREs.

Well, Nick and Kurt (the photographer who accompanied him) finally got their videos up demonstrating how to make one of these meals. If you want to see an amusing few minutes of my (cute) hubby making a "ready-made" meal (he's pretty excited by the brownie that came with the bag!) then click here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great! Marty and I lived on MREs for a good 3 months when he was in the Army. He "rationed" boxes of them from his batallion because we were so young, naive, and poor... and unable to "function" normally for quite some time (some of you may be able to fully appreciate this). I still sometimes crave the jalapeno cheese and crackers.

Gail said...

Oh my gosh - that is hilarious Shelia! How did you stand the smell of them cooking? Such a weird chemical-like odor!

Nick said that all the soldiers told them "Don't eat the omelet" MRE. Did you ever try it?

Anonymous said...

The omelet MRE must be new. Marty's favorite was the meatloaf. We cooked them on the lanai to avoid the smell... oh the things we do in times of desperation! I'm so happy you could enjoy the whole MRE experience.