Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Feeling hungry?


I'm feeling a little deprived at the fact I'm not posting much on here these days, so I thought I'd remember what it's like to blog again with a little update.

Still waiting on the computer purchase — but for a good reason I hope to clue everyone in to soon!! And when the computer comes, look out — I will be on a photo-finding mission! :) I'm looking forward to lining up shoots to help build my portfolio. The latest potential client? My guitar instructor, who, because a friend screwed up his wedding photos two years ago, is totally down with both a casual and a more formal session to be shot by me! I can't WAIT for spring!

On a more personal note, Nick came back last night after a near week-long assignment for the paper, training with local National Guard soldiers stationed (for now) in Georgia. Reading his blog was a lot of fun (I'm biased, of course, but I think my husband is a great writer!) and I learned a lot of the ins and outs of military life from him (and now, he answers all my questions with a "Roger"). Is this gonna get old? "Roger."

Anyway, last night, he was so excited to show me an MRE. An MR-what? A "meal-ready-to-eat," but that definition is really stretching it. Inside this little pack is a for-real meal, but it's so strange to think this is what our troops have to look forward to eating. There is this little heat element that gets HOT HOT that warms up the box's contents (in this case, beef stew) and gives off the most gross chemical melting smell. And then, there are other tasty tidbits: saltine crackers (yum!), peanut butter, a chocolate bar, and (my favorite), a little teeny-tiny bottle of Tabasco sauce with the salt, pepper and Chiclet gum (which Nick heard from soldiers who swears its some form of laxative - apparently these meals are pretty hard to digest!)

I told Nick we should keep the few MREs he brought home with him on hand ... you know, in case a nuclear fall-out should hit Muncie and we need rations to make it through!

No comments: