Thursday, June 12, 2008

In Character

One of my favorite magazines is Vanity Fair and I love when, on occasion, they run one of their features called "In Character." (It's something that actually got its start with this book, but I digress...)

I was testing out some custom settings tonight on my camera when Nick and I started horsing around and decided to do our own take on the art of transforming. Needless to say, we had so much fun doing this, I might use it as a future ice breaker for some of my more adventurous clients!

Our take on VANITY FAIR's "In Character"


Our take on VANITY FAIR's "In Character"

9 comments:

Betsy King said...

HILARIOUS!!!!

What are these custom settings you speak of?

Gail said...

Hey Bets - not sure if you check back on here but it's Custom Function #4 (pg. 156 of your manual - you know, that thing you hate to crack open ;)

Basically, it allows you to press the * button to autofocus instead of relying on the shutter. I'm getting the hang of it ...

me said...

adorable gail. and of course i love the mention of our beloved vanity fair mag!

Ellen said...

these made me laugh out loud!

sarahbrowndowntown said...

Ha! They made me laugh out loud too!

Rich Smith Photography said...

Simply brilliant! I may have to steal this idea instead of doing my signature "silly face" pics. Do you mind? You guys did an incredible job on them, btw!

Courtney Reece said...

I wanted to stop by and leave you some blog love and I'm glad I did cuz these pictures are so freakin' fun. I must try this out sometime :)

Kerri Banyas said...

you are such a cutie-pie! I love that magazine and the idea! I am coming to OSP INDY...so I hope to see you there!

lauren ashley said...

AH! too cute! did you make up all those funny little situations? haha.